We’re pleased to offer clients installation service for many outstanding automatic gate systems, which are sturdy, dependable, and provide first-class protection and aesthetic enhancement. Modern gate systems don’t require constant maintenance, and enjoy a terrific life expectancy, but even premium materials require some upkeep. So, this article will focus on why that’s important, along with a review of the most common maintenance tasks for gate owners.
Advantages of Performing Proper Gate Maintenance
- Better Safety & Security – Which gate systems do you think keep you safer from burglars; the ones that are working or broken? That’s an obvious consideration. Of course, there’s also the concern that your automatic gate might do something unpredictable and dangerous if you haven’t greased the gears in a while. Like any other mechanism, gate components will run smoother and won’t present crushing hazards if you take care of basic upkeep.
- Fewer Replacements Necessary – Over time, you’ll eventually have to replace certain items such as motors and batteries. There’s no getting around that. However, with consistent maintenance, you can prevent premature deterioration of heavily used gates, and avoid having to chase down new parts constantly.
- Longer Lifespan – Finally, the big picture involves getting the longest life expectancy from your automatic gate system. Since you spent significant resources to purchase a premium gate, you want to make sure it at least meets its warranty expectations.
Most Essential Gate Maintenance Items
- Gate Cleaning – This doesn’t take long at all, and only requires you to keep your gate free of dirt, debris, pollen, and other foreign substances. It’s especially important to clean around the control box to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Inspections – It helps to take out your owner’s manual and periodically inspect the various gate components. Depending on your model, this will include all the hinges, rollers, electronic hardware (i.e., cameras, fobs, wire, and keypads), and safety sensors. If you find something in disrepair, it’s better to replace minor items before they get worse (and more expensive).
- Repairs – It’s possible to repair some things, whereas other parts may require full replacement. If you aren’t sure, you’re always welcome to call us to ask questions or schedule other repair services.
- Lubrication – This is a crucial step because oiling the hinges with a silicone or lithium-based lubricant will do wonders for functionality AND preventing unnecessary wear and tear.
Need Emergency Maintenance? Call Sarasota Gate & Access for Expert Help!
Not every gate repair or maintenance task falls under the “DIY” category. Therefore, if you get stuck on something difficult (like electrical issues), don’t be afraid to reach us for professional assistance.
Sarasota Gate & Access offers round-the-clock emergency support for all those tough circumstances (including lock-outs or electrical failures). We can either help you troubleshoot over the phone or visit your location to resolve any malfunction. Contact us anytime for dependable gate system installation and maintenance by calling 941-349-4455.