So, you made the excellent decision to purchase an automatic gate for your home or business. It’s a terrific investment that adds curb appeal and security to your property, but do you know how to take care of it?
Just like you’d want to do preventative upkeep on your home’s roof or plumbing, maintaining your gate is prudent as well. Sarasota Gate & Access can show you a few fundamental measures to help preserve the life of your gate system.
Gate Maintenance Tips
- Maintain the Electrical Components
- This is a good place to start because when the electrical equipment malfunctions, it can be a colossal headache. The easiest way to do this is to test electrical components (especially the gate opener) and make routine visual inspections. You’ll want to pay special attention to leaks or moisture absorption. If water gets into the wrong place, you’ll have a broken gate and potential safety issues.
- Also, make sure you check the circuit boards now and then. Since they’re warm, they can become a breeding ground for pests like roaches and wasps.
- Don’t Forget Basic Cleaning
- Your gate is like your car in that it could benefit from some simple washing and waxing every so often. Again, you’ll want to watch what you hit with water, but it’s important to keep your gate looking great. After all, you spent a lot of money to beautify your home or property, so you might as well keep its luster as long as possible.
- Lubricate Gears & Other Parts
- Gates have many moving gears, springs, chains, and other components that require grease or lubrication. It’s similar to maintaining your garage door. The exact requirement will depend on what type of gate you own. Swing gates, for example, have the chains you need to maintain. Some of the more expensive gate systems have more sealing and don’t rust as much. When in doubt, always follow the manufacturer’s maintenance recommendations.
Have Any Problems? Call Sarasota Gate & Access for Help!
Has your gate ceased to open properly? Is it dragging a little? Then you might need repair service, and we’re here to help.
Whether you’re local to us in Sarasota, or anywhere else, our technicians can help you not only install but maintain your gate system. This includes 24-hour emergency service, too. Sometimes we can resolve problems over the phone with you, whereas other malfunctions may require us to deploy a technician. Either way, we won’t stop until your gate is running right.
Sarasota Gate & Access services all the well-known gate brands, including Viking, Linear, Liftmaster, and Apollo. We do this for an array of clients who own residential homes, businesses, and even prisons. You can call us any time to inquire about our repair services at 941-349-4455.